The club – The Jeremy Scott Racing Club
Racing manager – Georgina Scott
The Trainer – Jeremy Scott
Lessor – the owner of the horse which the club has leased from
1. The Club will permit members certain benefits associated with the club’s leasing of racehorses. The benefits of membership include the following:
a. An involvement in the racing and training of the clubs horses
b. Weekly updates on the club horses and yard news
c. Discounted entry to the racecourse on racedays when the horse is running.
d. Club mornings on the gallops
2. The club will lease the horses which will run in the clubs name and in their colours of yellow with a dark blue hoop.
3. Any prize money from the club horse shall be divided between the club and the lessor under the terms of the lease agreement.
4. The horse shall remain the property of the lessor.
5. Any prize money under the terms retained by the club shall be used to reduce future membership costs for existing members
6. The horse will be trained the trainer at Higher Holworthy Farm, TA22 9NY at his discretion at what is best for the horses welfare and the clubs interests.
7. In the event that any club horse is injured then it is the responsibility of the racing manager and the trainer to find a replacement.
8. The racing manager and trainer reserve the right to change the horses in the club as they feel fit and proper.
9. The horses leased by the club will remain the property of the lessor.
10. Members are reminded that the club allows them to have an interest in the activities of the club and does not amount to racehorse ownership.
11. The club will pay the trainer full training fees for all horses leased by the racing club
12. The club horses shall all be sponsored under the trainer’s yard sponsorship ‘Brendon Powerwashers’.
13. In the unfortunate event of death of a member, the membership shall be passed onto the exors until the end of the membership period.
14. Membership is strictly non-transferable and is personal to each member. Under no circumstance may a member give, sell or transfer his/her membership or offer their membership as security or put his/her membership to commercial use.
15. Members are reminded that any information passed onto them by the racing manager regarding their horse or other yard horses is confidential to them and this club is not to be used as a tipping service.
16. Any members under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult to race meetings where the club horse is running
17. Any members under 18 must have an adult over 21 as their nominated supervisor.
18. All members are required to pay the membership fee of £599 due before 31st December 2013.
19. Any naming of horses shall be opened up to suggestions from members but the trainer and the racing manager reserve to right to have the final decision on the name.
20. The club will have a minimum of 1 horse in training with the trainer at any given time.
21. The decision of who to allow into paddock prior to the race will be reserved for the racing manager and the trainer and is likely to be done on rotation
22. Tickets to racedays when the horse is running shall be made available to members at a reduced rate depending on the arrangement the racing manager will make with the racecourse.
23. Tickets are strictly non-transferable
24. Members must notify the racing manager their intentions to attend a raceday where the club horse is running to benefit from any discounted tickets at least 24hours beforehand.
25. Club mornings on the gallops will be organised by the racing manager and the trainer